2020 Ballot Access Petition Process
The Arizona Green Party was founded in May 1990. We have previously achieved ballot status 7 times in our party history: 1992, 2000, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2016 & 2018. We have more than 6,400 registered Greens statewide, and have active county chapters in Maricopa and Pima County.
In order to retain ballot status for the 2020 General Election the Arizona Green Party will need to apply as a new political party. This process is one that has been successful in the past and we believe that we will be successful again. Below is a QUICK START GUIDE to collecting signatures for this petition drive.
- Print the Petition for PARTY RECOGNITION FORM.
- Make sure to use the correct date of the Primary: August 4, 2020. And make sure the General Election date is November 3, 2020.
- Fill in the county in Arizona where the petition signers are registered voters. Only one county per sheet, so it is vital to ask petition signers which county they currently are registered to vote in. (For example: if you are collecting signatures in Mohave County, and a registered voter wants to sign who lives in Coconino County then you will need to have them sign on a sheet with Coconino County listed at the top of the page.)
- Keep clipboards handy for multiple counties. Each registered voter must sign the petition with his/her county of registration listed on the top of the petition form.
- Before turning in the petition form, validate the signatures by attending the election office for your county.
- Submit the validated petition forms to one of the AZGP Ballot Access Committee members before the deadline of November 27, 2019.
- Who can sign the petition? Any registered voters in Arizona.
- Where to find registered voters? Anywhere! Farmers markets, street festivals and even the grocery store. Good luck and thank you for participating in our petition drive.
Also, while we are gathering petition signatures the additional goal is to reach individuals seeking a political party that stands for true representative democracy. Encouraging individuals to register as a Green helps us meet the goal of raising green party membership. This is an easy process by directing individual voters to www.servicearizona.com and click on the “Voter Registration” button.
Arizona Green Party Ballot Access Coordinators
Liana West: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Cease: email@example.com
Amee Beck: firstname.lastname@example.org