Monthly General Membership - GPMC
The Green Party of Maricopa County meets online on Discord each Month, and you are invited. It is easy to join the Green Party community online, find the server on Discord. Once there, you will find a self guided introduction and rules section. After following a few steps you will join the Socializing with Socialists channel and meet local greens. The GPMC meetings can be found in the voice channel for Maricopa County.
Join us for the 2022 election cycle. Meet local Greens running for office. Join the discussion about ballot access, fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
The Green Party is committed to values-based politics, as expressed in our Ten Key Values. These values guide us in countering and changing a system that extols exploitation, unsustainable consumption, and destructive competition.
In this century, it is imperative that we find sound economic ways to make systemic changes. It is our responsibility to rebuild the political culture of the United States in order to stop wars of aggression, short-sighted ecological destruction, erosion of our rights, and the system that perpetuates social and economic injustice. In other words, we must fundamentally change our society's broken political system.
Now is the time to build a bridge from the world we have to the better world we know is possible.
Now is the time to grow a sustainable political force to work for grassroots democracy, nonviolence, social justice, and ecological wisdom.
We look forward to meeting you on Friday evening!
GPMC - Chair
GPMC General Membership Meeting Agenda
Friday, August 5, 2022, 7:00PM-8:45PM
1. Call to Order: Meeting Called to Order by Facilitator [7:00PM]
2. Land Acknowledgement: Facilitator or Volunteering Member - Indigenous Land and Digital Space Acknowledgement (5 minutes) [7:00-7:05PM]
3. Open Forum: (10 minutes) [7:05-7:15 PM]
4. Declaration of Quorum: [7:15PM]
- A majority of Steering Committee members present at a committee meeting constitutes a quorum.
- Vacant positions, on-leave positions and non-voting, appointed officer positions do not count in the quorum requirements.
- Proxies will not be recognized by the GPMC
- Adoption of agenda
5. Assignment of Roles:
Facilitator__Amee Beck-Jones___, Stack taker _______, Vibes ______, Note taker _____, Time keeper _______, Chat moderator ______, (5 minutes) [7:15-7:20 PM]
6. Review and approve minutes from the last meeting and the main agenda: (3 min) [7:20-7:23 PM]
7. Call to the Audience: Make announcements, state opinions, pose concerns -- limited to 2 minutes per non-member of the committee. (10 minutes) [7:20-7:30PM]
8. Officer Reports: Each active working committee/officer shall give a brief report on the current status of their work for the party. (3 minutes each) [10 minutes] [7:23-7:45PM]
9. Greens Running for office in Maricopa County: Each (3 minutes each) [10 minutes] [7:23-7:45PM]
10. Item 1: Proposal to adjust the monthly GPMC from the First Monday of the month to another day of the month that will suit the current schedule of the officers and general membership of GPMC - Liana West (15 minutes) [7:50-8:05 PM]
11. Item 2: Fundraising Plan for GPMC - Liana West (15 minutes) [8:05-8:20 PM]
12. Review Decisions Made/Assign Action Items: (5 minutes) [8:20-8:25PM]
13. Meeting Evaluations:
- What went well? What needs improvement? (10 minutes) [8:25-8:35PM]
14. Approve Date/Time of Next Meeting: (5 minutes) [8:35-8:40PM]
September TBD 2022 at 7:00PM via Discord.
*Every month on the First Monday of the month, until July and then GPMC members will determine day of the month for the remaining months in 2022. Join us This Friday on Discord.
Apr 4, 2022 07:00 PM
May 2, 2022 07:00 PM
Jun 6, 2022 07:00 PM
Jul 4, 2022 07:00 PM (cancelled)
Aug 1, 2022 07:00 PM (moved to Friday Aug 5)
Sep TBA, 2022 07:00 PM
Oct TBA, 2022 07:00 PM
Nov TBA, 2022 07:00 PM
Dec TBA, 2022 07:00 PM